RCS Preparedness Plan
Submitted by Teresa Hendren in Uncategorized on March 26, 2020
In addition, the Senior RCS Admin Team continues to monitor the RCS Preparedness Plan. Based upon the guidance sheet, released on March 7 by the California Department of Public Health, School Guidance on Novel Coronavirus or COVID-19 , RCS is classified as Scenario I: Measures already underway to prevent the spread of COVID-19. RCS has taken a proactive school-wide plan to address issues related to COVID-19. The plan includes area-specific preparedness and response procedures and the purchase of essential supplies.
- RCS has increased our efforts to sanitize common areas and confirmed that the disinfectant used by RCS, Buckeye Eco Neutral Disinfectant, is on the American Chemistry Council Center for Biocide Chemistries (CBC) list of products with EPA-approved emerging viral pathogens and that RCS uses it according to the directions. By March 13, all RCS faculty will have been trained regarding proper application techniques and a bottle of placed in each classroom to use when students are not present.
- The evening custodial service, KMC Cleaners, has implemented a deeper cleaning of classrooms and student restrooms each night. Because there is no school tomorrow (March 13) KMC is also conducting a thorough deep cleaning on student restrooms.
- On March 10, RCS implemented the ACPHD recommendation regarding limiting mass gatherings of 1000 or more
- On March 11 RCS updated the number at mass gatherings to 250 based upon California Governor Newsom’s statewide recommendation
- RCS has cancelled international travel plans for conducting RCS business and cancelled RCS visitors who will have been travelling to RCS from other states or countries.
- RCS has implemented a 14-day quarantine before returning to campus if a student or his/her family member returns from a country with a CDC Level of 2, 3 or 4 rating due to COVID-19.
- RCS is working with international students to help arrange alternative summer housing and vacation plans.
- RCS is evaluating upcoming events to determine if they need to be rescheduled or cancelled, such as: 1) large events; 2) upcoming field trips; 3) overnight trips; 4) events requiring students to be in very close proximity; and 5) athletic events. At this time no event or trip has been cancelled or re-scheduled. If an event or trip must be rescheduled or cancelled, RCS will notify parents via email, Eagle Update, Facebook, and the online RCS Calendar.
- Note: On Friday, March 11th, RCS has chosen to cease Athletic Competitions, but will continue athletic practices. In practice, athletes continue interaction with peers in their community. In competition, it exposes to athletes outside of their community. We are choosing to “limit exposure to large gatherings” as recommended by the CDC and ACPHD.
- RCS is creating a plan to allow for school to continue, in an age-appropriate level if it were to become necessary to temporarily close school due to a quarantine determined by the RCS Board of Directors to be in the best interest of the school or a recommendation from the CDC or Alameda County Public Health Department.
- RCS will continue to provide communication and educational materials regarding preventive health measures to students, parents, and staff.