Terms & Conditions
Letter from Dr. Hearne, RCS Superintendent
Thank you for your commitment to provide a Christ-centered education for your child(ren). It is an investment that cannot be measured in human terms. We are excited for the partnership that exists between us and cannot wait to see the spiritual, emotional, social, and academic growth that is going to take place as they learn from our teachers.
It is my pleasure to offer you this tuition grant on behalf of the Redwood Christian Schools Board of Directors. This award is based on our annual budget for tuition grants, from donations, fundraising, and other school funds. RCS believes all the school’s funds belong to God. Therefore, it is our job to steward the resources with which God has blessed the school. This grant for your child(ren) is made possible through the sacrifice of others.
Please read everything below before responding to accept this tuition grant. Your acceptance of this grant, signified by your initials and signature below, indicates you agree to all of the terms and conditions explained in this document.
- It is important that there are be no misunderstandings or confusion.
- This grant offer is good for 72 hours from the time of this email.
- If you do not accept this grant award within 72 hours, the funds will be returned to the tuition grant fund and will be offered to other eligible families.
- This grant is for tuition only; you are responsible to pay all other fees.
- All outside scholarships and/or grants are included in your RCS tuition grant award.
- RCS may review to either reduce or revoke this grant at any time, in at the school’s sole discretion, if the school’s budget situation changes.
I appreciate the sacrifices that each RCS family makes to pay tuition, and our desire is for all students to receive a Christ-centered education which is able to equip students for daily living and eternal life. RCS also seeks to provide as many tuition grants as possible to those who need them. Therefore, you must notify RCS immediately if your income increases so that your grant can be reviewed and adjusted accordingly. Your cooperation will allow as many families as possible to receive tuition grant funds.
Al Hearne II, PhD.
Tuition Grant Acceptance Terms:
I understand that by digitally signing the Tuition Grant Acceptance document, I agreed to the following terms:
- I am accepting Tuition Grant for the current school year, and the RCS Board of Directors has approved my Grant Award.
- My tuition before this grant is applied. With this grant, I am responsible to pay the remaining balance for the current school year.
- My FACTS account will be setup on a 12-month payment plan, and I will begin to make payments in June with my final payment in May (if my child(ren) are accepted to RCS after June then my payment plan will be fewer than 12 months; I will begin to make monthly payments beginning the month my family was accepted and my final payment will be in May).
- I understand that RCS may review to increase, reduce, or revoke this grant at any time, in the school’s sole discretion, if the school’s budget situation changes.
- I understand that if I fall behind in my tuition payments by more than one month, the RCS Administration may ask me to keep my child at home until I am caught up with the payments.
- I understand that it is my obligation and responsibility to contact RCS should my family circumstances change (i.e. income increase, health improved, debts gone, etc.) and ask for a reduction in my tuition grant.
- I understand that if a program transfer is necessary (AAP/Academic) my original grant will be reviewed and adjusted.
- I understand this tuition grant is only for the 2020-21 school year.
- I understand that I must reapply for a new tuition grant each school year.
- I understand that there is no guarantee of receiving a tuition grant in future school years.
- I understand that unless there is a dramatic decrease in my income, or significant increase in tuition charged, my tuition grant will not increase.
- I understand that, if awarded a tuition grant in a subsequent year, I will be expected to pay the percentage increase of tuition, because all RCS families are sacrificing to pay the percentage increase of tuition.
- I understand that RCS has chosen to make a significant investment in my child(ren)’s education, both in terms of this grant and the time spent by faculty.
- I understand that I am to work with and treat RCS administration, faculty, staff, and students with respect, even during a disagreement.
- I understand that I am to practice proper netiquette and ask questions to learn of a teacher’s or administrator’s perspective and work toward a solution rather than making demands before fully understanding the situation or circumstance.
- I understand that if I find myself in conflict with a teacher or administrator, I am to practice the “Matthew 18 Principle” by following the chain of command, seeking to solve the conflict as soon as possible.
- I understand that I am to work with and be supportive of the decisions made by RCS administration and faculty.
- I understand that my child(ren) must maintain a GPA above a 2.0.
- I understand that my child(ren) must maintain a clean behavioral record.
- I agree to an additional review of my family’s financial situation to see if I qualify for additional grant funds.