Redwood Christian Schools Awarded with Maximum Dual Accreditation by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) and the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
Redwood Christian Schools (RCS) has been accredited since 1982, its first year of eligibility for accreditation. Since then, RCS has received consecutive maximum six-year limits, this being their sixth!
RCS is the only fully accredited WASC K-12 school system (public, private or parochial) in Castro Valley, Hayward, San Leandro or San Lorenzo.
Accreditation is important for several reasons, including:
- University approval of school requirements
- Scholarship eligibility
- College/university acceptance
- Teacher qualifications
- Transfer of credit
- Provides opportunity for intentional parental/student input
The Visiting Accreditation Team commended:
- The administration and staff for their intentional communication of the school’s philosophy, vision, mission and core values statements to all constituents and community in order to provide clarity of purpose and focused goals that result in unity of faith and a Christian academic climate.
- The members of the board of directors, superintendent, assistant superintendent, and campus principals, whose average tenure of service is 19.9 years, for their commitment and dedication to the ministry which has provided stable leadership, expertise in financial stewardship, and a consistent vision for the direction of Redwood Christian Schools.
- The staff and faculty for displaying a Christian testimony, resulting in clear examples of spiritual growth and fulfillment of the school’s mission statement.
- The administration and MSHS faculty for the implementation of the 2+2 program that promotes communication among the faculty about teaching strategies, methods and application of ESLRs, which strengthens their professionalism.
- The school administration for the development of a comprehensive crisis management plan as detailed in the Emergency Preparedness Manual, Exposure Control Plan, and Safety Manual, which provides for a well trained staff of the appropriate procedures to follow in the event of a crisis ensuring student and faculty safety.
The Redwood Christian Schools Board of Directors accepted the Accreditation Visiting Team’s report at their May 12 Board Meeting so that work could commence immediately to make RCS an even stronger school system preparing its students and graduates to impact the world for our Savior Jesus Christ.
Please click here to read the entire Visiting Team Report as well as the entire letter of notification