Week 7: Baseball Pitching Camp
Grades: Ages 9-15
Dates: Monday, July 8 – Thursday, July 11
Time: 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm
DIRECTOR – Jim Cleveland
- Varsity baseball coach at Redwood Christian High School for 23 years – guided Redwood to NCS Div. V Championship in 2010 & 2011
- 2015 North Coast Section Spring Honor Coach
- 2010 American Baseball Coaches Association Regional Coach of the Year for Division III
- Coach of 2004, 2016 & 2017 North All Star Team in CA North vs. South High School showcase
- Speaker at coaching clinics nationwide including the A.B.C.A. National coaching convention in San Antonio, TX in 2004
- Played 4 years NCAA Division I baseball
- Instructor at numerous baseball clinics including Stanford camps
- Hitting instructor at Ohlone College (2004-2006)
GUEST INSTRUCTORS – Joining the RCHS coaching staff and players will be current and former college players. Past and possible guest instructors include:
- Don Christiansen completed a highly successful career as head coach at Laney and Chabot junior colleges. Coach Christianson is a member of the Junior College Coaching Hall of Fame for his outstanding coaching record and reputation.
- Oscar Miller a former coach at Cal, Cal State Hayward, Laney and Diablo Valley College. Inventor of the “Swing Rite” batting tee, Oscar Miller is an experienced and highly sought after clinician and personal instructor to youth, college and professional ball players.
- Bob Ralston – Cal State East Bay
- Tom Kunis – San Jose State
- Alan Reiger – Professional scout
- Steve Friend – Chabot College
- John Hughes-professional scout
- Sean McEwen- Pitching instructor
- Rick McEwen- Hitting Instructor
- Greg Moore – Cal State Northridge
- Frank Potestio- Strike Three Pitching Academy
- Paul Moore- Ohlone College
- Rigo Lopez – Fellowship of Christian Athletes
- John Whitman – Antioch High School
- Darren Nicholson – HIT LAB Sport
- John Goulding – Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Logan High School
- AJ Vanegas – Stanford/LA Dodgers
What to Expect from this Camp
Catch play fundamentals, glove work fundamentals for all types of ground balls, footwork drills, infield daily routines to work on dry work, transition drills, live ball reps, and position-specific work.
All campers will receive a special camp T-shirt.
What You Should Bring
Baseball glove, protection cup, shorts, sweats, or baseball pants, hat, and sunscreen.
**Special Pricing when registering for multiple baseball camps**