Parents’/Guardians’ Pledge of Acceptance
- We as parents or guardians who are accepting the Biblical challenge to “train up a child in the way he should go,” do state that this training will be carried on in the home. We shall place our trust in Redwood Christian Schools to be an extension of that training. (Proverbs 22:6; Luke 6:40)
- We understand that the faculty and staff of Redwood Christian Schools will teach love and respect for the Lord Jesus Christ and obedience to Him. (I Samuel 15:22; Matthew 28:20; John 14:15, 21)
- We understand that Redwood Christian Schools is most effective in providing our child(ren) with a Christ-centered education when we as a family read the Bible, pray and attend a local church whose Statement of Faith is not inconsistent with the Statement of Faith of RCS. (Deuteronomy 6:6,7; Hebrews 10:25)
- We do hereby state that we have read the RCS Student Handbook pertaining to this student and have examined the school’s curriculum, statement of faith, facilities, disciplinary procedures and the Refund Policy as stated in the Tuition and Fees Schedule, and we do accept those procedures and pledge our support to the faculty and administration of RCS. (Amos 3:3; 1 Corinthians 1:10; Philippians 2:2)
- We pledge our fullest cooperation to not make an issue of any doctrinal controversy or denominationalism. (John 17:23; I Corinthians 1:10; Ephesians 4:3-7)
- We understand that in order for discipline to be most effective, it must be administered immediately. We hereby invest authority in Redwood Christian Schools to discipline our child as deemed necessary by the school including picking up our child from school, detention, suspension and expulsion, and agree to abide by such discipline. (Proverbs 29:15, 17; Hebrew 12:11)
- We agree that Redwood Christian Schools can suspend and/or expel, at its sole discretion, our child named on this form if it is determined by the administration of the school to be in the best interest of either our child or the school. We agree to withdraw our child if it is determined by the administration of the school to be in the best interest of either our child or the school. We understand that failure to pay tuition as it is due is grounds for expulsion of our child named on this form.
- We understand that it is my/our responsibility to review the Annual Tuition Brochure, Basis & Purpose of RCS, Parent/Guardian’s Pledge of Acceptance, Agreement with the Redwood Christian Schools Philosophy of Education, and the Student Handbook each year; and acknowledge I/we will be held to the most currently published version(s) of said publications.
- By signing the electronic signature page, we, as parents or guardians of our child, do sincerely give our pledge that we will support and abide by all items as stated above for the entire time our child(ren) is enrolled at RCS. (Deuteronomy 23:21; Numbers 30:2)