Redwood Christian’s Fine Arts program develops the creative potential in each student, a process which is both intellectual and experiential. A rich, varied experience in the arts is essential to educating the whole child. The Fine Arts Department offers courses in band, strings, and choir.
In elementary, children experience music through singing, moving, playing instruments, creating, listening, reading, and writing. The program uses many resources including professional instruction. Later in middle school and high school, music literacy becomes important, focusing on melody, harmony, rhythm, tone.
Band Classes Offered:
- Classroom Music (elementary)
- Beginning Band (elementary)
- Advanced Band (elementary)
- Band 1: Band Exploration (middle school and high school)
- Band 2: Concert Band (middle school and high school)
Strings Classes Offered:
- Beginning Strings (elementary)
- Advanced Strings (elementary)