Explore RCS Elementary Parent Info
Monday, January 27th, 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Redwood Chapel/RCE Campus
Elementary (K-5th) Students’ Role
K – 5th* grade students will be demonstrating a variety of learning in their classroom during the “Classroom Demonstration” time. Demonstrations are just that – A student-led demonstration, speech, experiment, and/or oral report. After demonstrations, students should then be with their family for the remainder of the evening. *TK students should remain with their families during all of Explore.
Student Drop off
Please start in the Worship Center with your child(ren) at 6:00 pm sharp (arrive early for parking. We recommend 3rd & 4th grade families park at North Campus since you will likely end your evening there). During the General Session & Intro in the Worship Center, elementary students will be dismissed with their teacher by class to go to classrooms to set up and prepare for demonstrations.
Student Pick up
After your student’s classroom demonstration, please pick up your student at their classroom (students not picked up will be escorted to the lobby of the Worship Center). Teachers cannot supervise students after their class’ demonstration. If you are unable to attend the demonstration, please pick up your child as soon as possible in the Worship Center Lobby.
What Should I Do?
Recommended Elementary Parent Schedule:
6:00 pm – Start in the Worship Center for an introduction and to pick up a lanyard (includes map and event schedule). Dr. Hearne will also announce any schedule changes at this time. Then, the Elementary Essay Contest Winners will read their entries and be awarded! After that, elementary parents will be dismissed to go to classrooms.
From 6:35 – 6:55 pm*, K-5th grade families should go to your child’s current classroom for an academic demonstration (TK families should visit Kindergarten or other elementary classes, there are no TK demonstrations at this time). *Please note – There will not be time to interact with teachers during this time.
From 7:00 – 7:30 pm we recommend:
- TK families to visit their child(ren)’s classroom to see academics on display, and then visit Kindergarten classrooms to get ready for next year!
- 1st – 2nd grades to visit both next year’s potential classrooms and meet the teachers to get ready for next year!
- 3rd grade – head to N12 for a “introduction to North Campus” reception. Miss Sinisi will lead a tour to acquaint you with the North Campus and offices, discuss 4th grade events to plan for, and give a overview of being an upper elementary family! Then plan to visit both 4th grade classrooms and meet the teachers.
- 4th grade to visit the 4th grade classroom you were not in for demonstration time to see other 4th grade work on display, and then visit both 5th grade classrooms to get ready for next year!
- 5th grade to visit the 5th grade classroom you were not in for demonstration time to see other 5th grade work on display. Then, head to the gymnasium to see what you have to look forward to in Middle School science classes next year!
Finally, from 7:30 – 8:00 pm if you’re up for more, visit Middle School and High School events! This is also a good time to visit the Booster Club apparel sale or grab a pastry.
RCS curriculum is aligned (TK through 12th) and you will see how your child’s development in elementary will be the foundation for their success in middle school & high school. Feel free to visit the Middle School Science Fair in the gymnasium and the High School Academic Fair in the Williams Chapel. For a quieter upper level demonstration, visit the Heritage Room for High School Bible and Foreign Language student-demonstrations.
Other Things Going on at Explore
- Worship Center Lobby – The RCS Booster Club will be selling apparel and Crab Feed tickets (if still available), choir will be selling baked goods, and complimentary water and coffee will be served.
- Walkway between the Worship Center and Heritage Room – pizza will be sold (all proceeds benefit the 4th Grade Sacramento trip).
Don’t hesitate to talk to your classroom teacher with questions about #ExploreRCS!
Or go back to our website