FAQs Regarding FACTS at RCS
Here are some FAQs about FACTS, our outside tuition management service.
1. Am I required to set up a FACTS account?
2. How can I avoid paying the $46 annual FACTS fee?
You can avoid this fee by selecting the scheduled automatic-payment plan (bank-to-bank) or by paying your tuition in full by June 10.
3. When do I pay the $46 annual FACTS fee?
This fee will be included with your first invoice from FACTS.
4. Are invoices mailed or e-mailed?
This is an option you select when setting up your FACTS account. You can change your selection once your account is finalized.
5. Can I pay my tuition with my credit/debit card?
Starting with the 2013-14 school year, we are no longer accepting credit/debit card payments for tuition.
6. Can I use my credit/debit card for other school payments?
7. When I set up my account with FACTS, only tuition payments were mentioned. How do I pay for extended care, bus, and other school fees posted to my account?
You will have the option to pay the other fees (FACTS calls these “incidentals”) with your scheduled automatic payments or by invoice.
8. Is the re-enrollment fee considered an incidental fee?
Yes. The re-enrollment fee will be posted to your account as an incidental fee. You will then pay it with a scheduled automatic payment or by invoice.
9. When I am invoiced by FACTS for incidental fees, may I use my credit card to pay?
Yes. You will be able to access your FACTS account 24/7 and pay online with your credit/debit card.
10. May I continue to call in credit card payments and/or come into the District Office to make payments on my account with my credit card?
No, if you are paying FACTS invoices. Yes, if you are paying on non-FACTS charges.
11. What are the options for paying my tuition if I am invoiced by FACTS?
You may pay by check, money order or cash. Make all checks payable to RCS.
12. May I still use my bank’s online bill-pay feature to pay my tuition?
Yes. Instruct your bank to make the checks payable to RCS and mail them to RCS.
13. May I continue to pay my tuition in the school office?
This will be required for cash payments. It will be an option for payment by check. We will record cash payments when they are received; all payments will be applied promptly.
14. I have been able to avoid late fees and finance charges by paying half of my monthly tuition by the 10th and the balance by the end of the month. Will this option still be available?
Yes. You may pay on your account whenever you wish, but to avoid the late fee, you should pay at least half of a monthly charge by the 10th.
15. Do postmarks still count?
No. To avoid the late fee, payments need to arrive at RCS by the 10th day of each month. If the 10th falls on a weekend or a holiday, the deadline moves to the next business day.
16. I need help setting up my FACTS account. What should I do?
Click here for FACTS registration instructions.
Do you have further questions? Please contact Ed Hubbard at EdHubbard@rcs.edu or 510-889-7817.