Crossover Youth Basketball
There are vastly different perspectives to the implementation of health protocols especially as it relates to individual vaccination status as well as the age of the participant.
As of May 28, 2021, CDC guidance advises mask wearing during competition and practices and masked spectators to maintain 6 ft physical distancing.
Crossover basketball aligns with RCS sports protocols from the California Interscholastic Federation, which also currently require masks of players and spectators. In addition, a health screener will be required before each practice and game.
All registrants will be expected to adhere to these protocols until they are revised or removed. If and when these protocols change, Crossover will change accordingly. In the event that restrictions are increased after registration but before the season begins, a full refund will be offered to those who no longer want to participate.
Some Changes for the 2021-22 Season
- Due to the loss of practice/game facilities, we will only be teaming 3 divisions; coed grades 2/3, 4/5 and 6/7/8.
- We are suspending our high school division (grades 9 through 12) and hope to have a high school 3-on-3 tournament in December.
- We will NOT be holding evaluation sessions to limit in-person contact.
Crossover 2021-22 Season Calendar
- Aug 1 – Online Registration Opens
- NO EVALUATION SESSIONS
- First week of November – Practices Begin
- No practices during Thanksgiving Break nor Christmas Break
- Last week of November – Uniforms & Schedules Distributed
- December 4, 11, 18, January 8, 15, 22, 29- Games (7 game season)
- February 5- Celebration Event (evening)
- Castro Valley First Baptist Church
- Redwood Chapel Community Church
- 3Crosses Church
- Redwood Chapel Community Church
- Redwood Christian High School (San Lorenzo)
- Includes $20 non-refundable fee
- $110 Early Registration (before Aug 15)
- $125 Regular Registration (on/after Aug 15)
- Withdrawals after Sept 15 will result in a $50 drop fee
Crossover is a volunteer basketball ministry. If you are interested in being a coach, assistant coach, team parent or support volunteer, please visit the link below for an application. The number of teams formed is directly related to how many volunteer coaches we can secure.
Crossover Youth Basketball started in 1987 uniting the young basketball players in our community with one another, caring coaches, and the local church. This is a recreational ministry – which is also one of the largest youth organizations partnering with the NBA’s Junior Warriors program and Redwood Christian Schools. Our program is designed to provide a fun and safe activity for the youth in our community.
The goal of Crossover is to create healthy competition and build biblical character within its participants. Each participant will receive a uniform and a player devotional booklet with weekly “Crossoverse” Bible verses to study and memorize. This co-ed ministry runs from November through mid-February. It is an opportunity for boys and girls to learn about God, have fun, play basketball, and demonstrate teamwork skills. One hour practices are held once per week (beginning in November) and games are only played on Saturdays (beginning in December).
Our name, Crossover, has a special meaning. It is an important and basic basketball move, which involves a change of direction, from one side to the other. It also reminds us that spiritually we can “cross-over” from death to life through the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ.