Crossover Youth Basketball
Thank you for your interest in Crossover Basketball.
Registration will close effective 5pm on Friday, September 17, 2021.
There are vastly different perspectives to the implementation of health protocols especially as it relates to individual vaccination status as well as the age of the participant.
As of May 28, 2021, CDC guidance advises mask wearing during competition and practices and masked spectators to maintain 6 ft physical distancing.
Crossover basketball aligns with RCS sports protocols from the California Interscholastic Federation, which also currently require masks of players and spectators. In addition, a health screener will be required before each practice and game.
All registrants will be expected to adhere to these protocols until they are revised or removed. If and when these protocols change, Crossover will change accordingly. In the event that restrictions are increased after registration but before the season begins, a full refund will be offered to those who no longer want to participate.
Update September 3, 2021
The Crossover Leadership Team has been prayerfully and creatively considering aspects of this season. Due to the various unique issues caused by the COVID pandemic protocols, we have decided to host a Crossover Basketball Camp instead of our normal format.
The Crossover Leadership Team has considered the challenges of this season and desires to have the best and safest time for all. Listed below are some of the reasons we have moved to a camp format:
- Centralizes practice times, devotions, and coach resources giving us more effective time together
- Facilitates health screening protocols to be monitored more consistently
- Provides for better resource utilization relative to lower registration numbers caused by the pandemic
What would this look like for you?
General Format of Crossover Basketball Camp
- Players, by division, will gather together on Saturdays (Dec 4,11,18, Jan 8,15,22,29) for approximately 2 hours – Session 1 & Session 2
- We will NOT be having any weekday practices this season
- Session 1 of camp will consist of station drills led by our Crossover coaches. Session 2 of camp will feature scrimmages
- Teams will still be formed as in the past (considering buddy requests) but adjusted accordingly for scrimmage games. Qualified volunteer coaches will be assisting in station drills
- Under current protocols, wearing of masks will still be required while indoors
- Location – Redwood Christian High School Gym – San Lorenzo
- Includes $20 non-refundable fee
- $110 Early Registration (before Aug 15)
- $125 Regular Registration (on/after Aug 15)
There will be no change in the registration cost. This cost will provide:
- Junior Warriors jersey/shorts
- Special CROSSOVER logo t-shirt
- A new personal basketball
- Other camp giveaways throughout the Crossover Camp season
- Season-End Celebration Event (Feb. 5) – More details to come
Registration For Camp
- If you have registered your child and DO NOT want to participate in the Crossover Basketball Camp, you will be fully refunded once we receive your withdrawal request. Deadline to withdraw is Friday, Sept. 17.
- If you have not yet registered your child and desire to do so, you will be placed on a waiting list in your division. You will be given priority when any pre-registered players withdraw. If you remain on the waiting list after Sept. 20, you will be fully refunded. Deadline to register is Friday, Sept. 17.
The Crossover Leadership Team appreciates your understanding in this format change as we endeavor to maximize the resources that are available during this unprecedented time.
Crossover is a volunteer basketball ministry. If you are interested in being a coach, assistant coach, team parent or support volunteer, please visit the link below for an application. The number of teams formed is directly related to how many volunteer coaches we can secure.
Crossover Youth Basketball started in 1987 uniting the young basketball players in our community with one another, caring coaches, and the local church. This is a recreational ministry – which is also one of the largest youth organizations partnering with the NBA’s Junior Warriors program and Redwood Christian Schools. Our program is designed to provide a fun and safe activity for the youth in our community.
The goal of Crossover is to create healthy competition and build biblical character within its participants. Each participant will receive a uniform and a player devotional booklet with weekly “Crossoverse” Bible verses to study and memorize. This co-ed ministry runs from November through mid-February. It is an opportunity for boys and girls to learn about God, have fun, play basketball, and demonstrate teamwork skills. One hour practices are held once per week (beginning in November) and games are only played on Saturdays (beginning in December).
Our name, Crossover, has a special meaning. It is an important and basic basketball move, which involves a change of direction, from one side to the other. It also reminds us that spiritually we can “cross-over” from death to life through the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ.